a refinement of the well known MVC architectural design pattern, invented in 1995.
- the View component is splitted into three parts: the User View, the Surface View, and the Media View
- the Controller is discarded, at least at this level of abstraction
- the Views and the Model have a clear and simple dependency chain
- major parts of UI layer are able to become standard components
- one and the same backend binding for every
media (desktop, HTML, WML, text, voice, 3D, multimodal combinations)
- no business logic in the UI at all
- clear separation of concerns in the UI
- dynamic UI's, adaptable at runtime to business logic, layout, etc.
- reliable, automated UI testability
For details please visit M3V (Technology Map).